YUNG JOC & The Streetz Morning Takeover/CHEVROLET® HBCU “Stay in College” Scholarship Contest
Official Contest Rules
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Core Radio Group, LLC d/b/a YUNG JOC & the Streetz Morning Takeover (“Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available on the Station’s website at www.streetzmorningtakeover.com/contest-rules. As a preventative measure in light of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, copies of the specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules will not be available at the Station’s studio. To the extent the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this contest.
HOW TO ENTER
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win the Yung Joc & The Streetz Morning Takeover/CHEVROLET® HBCU “Stay in College” Scholarship Contest (the “Contest”). A purchase or payment will not increase your chance of winning.
- Entrants must be 17 years of age or older and legally reside in Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, and Alabama as of the date of entry in this Contest (each an “Entrant”). In the event that a prize is won by an entrant who is under 18 years of age, for all purposes under these rules, the parent or legal guardian may be recognized as the actual winner of the prize for tax and liability purposes although only the student may utilize the prize. Entrants must also be currently enrolled as a sophomore, junior, senior or 2nd semester freshman at a Historically Black College or University (“HBCU”) as of Fall 2022.
- To enter from 6:00am (ET) on September 19, 2022 through 12:00pm (ET) on December 10, 2022, visit streetzmorningtakeover.com/contests, click on Yung Joc & the Streetz Morning
Takeover/CHEVROLET® HBCU “Stay in College” Scholarship Contest link and complete the online entry/registration form by submitting the entrant’s full name, phone number (including area code, age, e-mail address, etc. Entrant must provide a copy of their Financial Aid letter for the upcoming semester in 2023 or other school notification on College letterhead for same time period showing the monies that they owe to the school in order to move on to the next semester and a short essay of 300 words or less describing why Entrant believes they deserve to win the Prize.
- Essay should be three-hundred (300) words or less. Entries with an essay comprised of more than three-hundred (300) words will not be disqualified, but only the first three-hundred (300) words will be read and considered for the Contest.
- Failure to provide Financial Aid information for the 2023 upcoming semester, via a College Financial Aid letter on school letter head or other notification on school letterhead, and or failure to submit the essay will automatically disqualify you from the contest. The entry eligibility requirements or other Contest rules applicable to this Contest can result in disqualification of the Entrant from becoming the Grand Prize Winner, in Station’s sole discretion.
- The entry/registration process requires you to complete the online entry/registration form by submitting the Entrant’s full name, address of legal residence, phone number (including area code), age, e-mail address, and other information requested.
- Limit one (1) Audience account per email address. Limit one (1) entry per Audience account.
- By entering the contest, the contestant is giving Chevrolet, parent company General Motors, and the station permission to receive solicitations from Chevrolet® and General Motors and/or to become a member/participate in clubs of (i.e., email clubs, and rewards programs), agreeing to receive such solicitations and/or accepting such membership is a condition of entry into this Contest to be contacted via email or by letter or phone call or text.
- By entering this Contest, Entrants certify that any information contained in the essay/explanation does not contain any defamatory or indecent material. By submitting an Entry in this Contest, each Entrant authorizes the Station to post such essay and/or Entrant’s name to the Station’s website or to read it on- air in whole or in part. Station reserves the right to edit an Entry in its sole discretion. Not all entries will be posted to the Station’s website and/or read on-air and in the event that Station posts or read any such Entry it does not mean that such Entry has won or may be selected to win any prize in this Contest.
- By entering this Contest, Entrants understand and agree that Station may elect to use any Entry submitted for entertainment purposes and may choose to comment on, mock, poke fun at, and/or mimic any Entry submitted. Entrants waive any right to make any claim against Station, General Motors, Chevrolet with respect to any comments – disparaging or otherwise – made regarding such Entrant’s Entry.
HOW TO WIN
- On or about October 2022 through December 9th 2022 Station and Chevrolet ® judges will review up to the three-hundred (300) words from all eligible entry essays received, and select up to eight (8) winners, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest rules (the “Winner”).
- The Station will notify the potential Winner of wining by means of the phone number and/or email provided by Entrant at time of Contest entry no later than December 8th, 2022.
- Notification to potential Winner may be made by message on the Entrant’s voicemail or text message with no station responsibility for any failure of the voicemail or text at the Entrant’s phone number provided on the entry form.
- Station reserves the right, but is not obligated, to attempt to contact the Winner on one or more occasions or on one or more phone numbers provided.
- In order to be selected as a Winner, potential Winner must, in addition to all other eligibility requirements, respond to the Station’s notification within forty-eight (48) hours of notice or attempted notice. If a winner cannot be reached within forty-eight (48) hours, an alternate winner will be selected and the prize awarded.
- As a condition of receiving any prize, the Winner (or parent/legal guardian for any Winner under the age of majority) is required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be signed at the time the Winner claims their Prize. Failure to sign the affidavit or release may, at the sole discretion of the Station, result in a Winner’s disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Up to two (8) prizes will be awarded in this Contest. The eight (8) verified Winners will each receive a check from Chevrolet ® paid directly to the HBCU toward the Winner’s school account in the amount of $15,000.00, valued at $15,000.00 and courtesy of Chevrolet ® (the “Prize”).
- Prize is subject to the requirements, restrictions, availability and limitations described in these Contest rules.
- WINNING THE PRIZE DOES NOT ENSURE COLLEGE ADMISSION. Winning the Prize does not impact whether HBCU will grant admission to the Winner the following semester. The Station has no responsibility for the Winner’s admission or rejection. However, if the Winner is currently enrolled in HBCU in accordance with these rules and does in fact enroll/register for any applicable semester listed above, he/she will be deemed an “Eligible Student”.
- Prize will be forfeited if the selected Winner does not provide proof of enrollment at an HBCU or does not satisfy the eligibility requirements or other requirements set forth in these Contest rules.
- If Prize is forfeited, the Station reserves the right (but not the obligation) to pick an alternate Winner from among all other entries, time permitting.
- 10.THIS PRIZE MAY BE TAXABLE AND THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING ANY TAX OWED ON THIS PRIZE.
- The sponsor of this Contest is Chevrolet ® , General Motors and Core Radio Group, LLC.
- By participating in this Contest, each Entrant hereby consents to the Company’s use of following in all media and for advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration: Entrant’s name; voice; likeness; biographical information; Essay, his/her participation in the Contest; and the substance of the Entrant’s telephone call. Entrant agrees that no additional compensation will be paid for such usage.
- The entry process may require Entrants to login to, or to create, a free account with the third party provider of a software platform used by the Station for such Contest(s) (“Software Provider”), by going to the Website, clicking on the Contest entry link, and completing and submitting the online registration form with all required information.
- Limit one (1) account with the Software Provider per email address.
- If the Entrant elects to have their entry form pre-loaded or pre-populated with information from the Entrant’s Facebook, Twitter, Google, or LinkedIn profiles, such Entrant authorizes the Software Provider and the Station to access, utilize and/or pre-load to such entry form, applicable portions of Entrant’s profile information from such account.
- While agreement to the Software Provider Policies may be required in order to enter the Contest, the Software Provider Policies are not a part of these Contest Rules but are a separate agreement between the Entrant and Software Provider. In the event of any conflict between the Software Provider Policies and the Rules, the Rules will govern.
- Station is not responsible for any error or technical malfunctions associated with the Software
- Provider site that may affect any Entrant’s ability to enter, to win, or to be properly considered in the Contest, regardless of the cause. In the event of a malfunction associated with the Software Provider site that the Station in its sole and absolute discretion deems to materially and adversely affect the Contest, the Station reserves the right to (1) suspend the Contest; (2) terminate the Contest without a Winner; (3) terminate the Contest and select a Winner early; (4) provide alternative means of entry; and/or make any other changes to the Contest that the Station deems appropriate under the circumstances. Any such changes, terminations or suspensions will be published on the Contest Rules Page, and in the Station’s sole and absolute discretion, may also be announced on-air, published elsewhere on the Website, and/or published on social media.
- Employees of Core Radio Group, LLC and affiliates, General Motors, Chevrolet, The Martin Retail Group., owners, employees, agents and present or former paid spokesperson for the participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations affiliates and members of their respective families are ineligible to participate or win. Family members are parents, children, spouses, those in spouse-like relationship and siblings, in-laws, (including those in step-and half relationships when living in the same household). Anyone who has been employed by or interned with Core Radio Group, LLC or General Motors or affiliates; are also not eligible to win in this Contest. Employees of Software Provider and its affiliates, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible to win in this Contest.